Peter Brown founded Linkwood distillery in 1821. After Brown’s death his son, William, took over and established a very good reputation for the distillery. William totally rebuilt the distillery in the 1870s. The distillery was taken over by D.C.L. in 1936 and like other distilleries closed during the war due to a shortage of barley. One of the managers in the 1930s was so paranoid that every single thing played its part in the making of the whisky, that he ordered that nothing, not even a cobweb should be removed. He would have been dismayed in 1962 when the distillery layout was radically altered and in 1971 when Linkwood whisky production was tripled with the addition of a second distilling unit with two pairs of stills which was built alongside the 2 original Linkwood stills. Only 2% of the malt produced at Linkwood is sold as single malt.
Colour – Copper
Nose – Typical Linkwood. Very summery, buttery, rich honey and dry hay. Malty and fruity, blueberry jam with added apple cider.
Palate – Silky mouthfeel, tongue coating, elegant and generous. Luscious fruity palette, stewed plums, sweet cherries followed by fresh ginger cake and sweet spices.
Finish – Long, clean and uplifting. The stewed fruits from the initial palate continue along with a raisin studded caramel sauce.
Availability: In Stock