In 1805, the Mitchell merchant family commenced trading at 10 Grafton Street, in the heart of Dublin city as purveyors of confectionery, wines and fortified wines. In 1887, the entrepreneurial family expanded into the whiskey bonding business, whereby they sent empty wine, sherry and port casks via horse and cart to the local Jameson Distillery. These were then filled and returned to the Mitchell's cellar warehouse where it matured for many years until they were ready to be bottled and sold. The Mitchells sold a range of whiskeys under their 'spot' brand name, Green Spot emerged as the more popular of the range and has survived to modern day.
Nose - Fresh aromatic oils and spices with orchard fruits and barley on a background of toasted wood.
Palate - Full spicy body, a hint of cloves along with the fruity sweetness of green apples rounded off with toasted oak.
Finish - Lingering flavours of spices and barley.
Availability: Out of Stock